The vegan trend has been soaring for the last few years as people are becoming conscious, not just with their health but with the way animals are poorly treated. In my opinion, it’s a significant trend.
Although I’m not vegan, I’ve always fully supported people who are and find myself even trying to limit the amount of meat I eat. No, before you say it, no trend is going to stop me from lowering my coffee intake, and I mean that.
A belief I’ve always had with coffee is when it is iced, it will lose a lot of its flavours. Surely no coffee will compete with a freshly brewed cuppa, right? Maybe I’m wrong, people from far and wide have been on a craze with Vegan Thai Iced Coffees of late, and, trust me, when you try out the vegan Thai iced coffee recipe out below, you’ll see why.
The regular Thai Iced Coffee is heavily spiced and full of sugar which gives you a sweet taste that you can’t escape from, this vegan recipe changes up some of the ingredients to make it a healthier drink while retaining that excellent kick flavour.
Vegan Thai Iced Coffee
- Coffee Beans (obviously)
- 4-5oz of almond milk
- 1 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of coconut cream
- 1 tsp of Vanilla or Almond extract
- First things first, we need to sort the coffee out for your vegan Thai iced coffee. There are a few different methods you can use for your brew, which is fine, make sure it’s a coarse grind. Use roughly 4-5 tbsp of espresso with around 14oz of water. Make sure the coffee is right for you, otherwise, you won’t like the whole thing. If you’re grinding your coffee, make sure you add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom at this point for an infused flavour.
- Once your coffee is up and running, add the rest of the ingredients listed above and chill. It would be smart to refrigerate this overnight, so when you wake up in the morning, your vegan Thai iced coffee is ready and waiting for you. It’s fine to leave it chilling overnight. That will allow the flavours to infuse with each other for a longer period. That’s not a bad thing, in my opinion.
- ➤ SMOOTHER COFFEE, EVERY TIME – Cold brewing is 70% less acidic than hot brewing. And richer in taste. Our cold brewer extracts coffee concentrate which can be stored and mixed with an endless variety of beverages to create your own perfect, personal cup of joy. Recommended grind size: Coarse
- ➤ LOCKS IN FRESHNESS AND FLAVOR FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS – Airtight seal. Easy-access handle. Engineered to perfectly fit within your fridge shelf. Experience refined craftsmanship you can always count on
How healthy is the vegan Thai iced coffee?
This drink is excellent, not only do you get to drink our beloved coffee, but you also get to do it in a mix that provides several health benefits to you, bonus! Sometimes there is a belief that healthier alternatives lead to a sacrifice in taste, once you try the above, you’ll see that proved wrong.
- Contains 4, 18-count boxes, for a total of 72 K-Cup pods
- Vanilla biscotti flavored coffee with a deliciously sweet aroma
- Cardamom: Ground cardamom, even though it’s a spice, is known for its cooling effects, which can relieve acidity and help aid digestive health. Cardamom is used for issues like nausea, vomiting, stomach pains, and even spasms. There are anti-bacterial properties of cardamom, which will also neutralise dental bacteria helping you fight bad breath, something we all know coffee can give you.
- Cinnamon:Known as one of the tastiest flavours on the planet, cinnamon is packed with powerful properties that offer loads of health benefits. Cinnamon is used widely for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which, as we know, are incredibly important. Doesn’t this vegan Thai iced coffee sound great, cinnamon is also known to lower the risk of heart disease, drink up.
- Nutmeg:Firstly, nutmeg is used commonly to treat aches and pains, more specifically joint and muscle pain. If you struggle with sleeping, I wouldn’t recommend a coffee. However, nutmeg is known to help treat insomnia, so if you have some leftover from your vegan Thai iced coffee, why not use it. Nutmeg is also an aphrodisiac, which means it helps with overall brain health and functionality. Lastly, nutmeg can help with bad skin due to specific properties and is used by skincare professionals to help treat blackheads.
- Vanilla (if you chose to add it):Vanilla is known for helping the heart and is used with patients who are at high risk for heart attacks, strokes or suffer from higher cholesterol levels. Vanilla is also great for the hair as it has essential oils that can strengthen the hair but also send blood to the scalp with prompts hair growth. Like nutmeg, Vanilla helps with bad skin with its natural antibacterial properties, and it can even reduce mild scars and imperfections.
As you can see from the above, we’ve not only given you one excellent tasting coffee drink in this vegan Thai iced coffee, but we have also been looking out for your health.
You wouldn’t believe how many health benefits I had to leave off due to space and word count. I’d recommend googling the above if you’re interested to see how they can further help your skin, mind, and body. Coffee has always been known for specific health benefits, but this mix takes it to the next level.
- ICED COFFEE IN MINUTES — Make chilled iced coffee or tea in as little as 5 minutes, no ice needed and it works with any brewing method, including single cup machines, drip, and pour over methods; zero-dilution cooling technique keeps coffee full-strength; no more watered down final sips
- EASY TO USE — Pour your favorite hot beverage into the pre-chilled stainless steel mug from your freezer, place it in the insulating sleeve and enjoy in minutes; all-in-one design for chilling and drinking means less clutter and clean up
On that note, I expect you all the have a chilling vegan Thai iced coffee tonight ready to drink in the morning to start the day with a fresh, healthy drink.