11 Best Jura Coffee Machines to Buy in 2020 – Buyer’s Guide & Reviews
Frankly, all Jura coffee machines are absolutely amazing. Made in Switzerland, by perhaps the most meticulous and hard-working people besides Japanese. We are not being stereotypical here- it’s a simple, well-known fact- Swiss people do make good, durable, and reliable products.
And once they focused on espresso machines, they founded a company that makes the best machines on the market- Jura. Note that Jura mostly makes high-end, luxurious products, which, in turn, aren’t cheap. Quite the contrary, they are mostly rather expensive.
The company is based in Niedurbuchsiten, in Switzerland’s north. Although it was founded in 1931, Jura began to make espresso machines in the 1980s.
List of 11 Best Jura Coffee Machines in 2019:
|Giga 5||Check On Amazon|
|Impressa Z9||Check On Amazon|
|Ena Micro 1||Check On Amazon|
|Ena Micro 5||Check On Amazon|
|J6||Check On Amazon|
|E6||Check On Amazon|
|E8||Check On Amazon|
|S8||Check On Amazon|
|WE8||Check On Amazon|
|Z8||Check On Amazon|
|C65||Check On Amazon|
11 Best Jura Coffee Machines
1. Jura 13623 Giga 5 – Automatic Coffee Machine Aluminum
This is something you expect to see in space shuttles. First of all, it looks so modern that you’d expect it to take off and propel itself into orbit anytime.
On the other hand, it GIGA 5 is quiet- you can hear your whisper while it’s doing the job, thanks to ceramic grinders.
The product arrives with 12 presets for different coffee brewing styles, and each and every one is easily accessible thanks to the rotary switch.
Needless to say, GIGA 5 comes with a modern TFT display– together with rotary switch, these two accessories will make your espresso machines as “smart” as your iPhone!
2. Jura 13752 Automatic Impressa Z9 – One Touch TFT Coffee Machine
Z9 has an Aroma + Grinder that we described earlier. Thanks to this grinder, beans are smoothly, but consistently ground into fine, rich, nice-tasting coffee powder.
It also has FFT- Fine Foam Technology which will complement your latte macchiatos, cappuccinos, or other caffeine beverages. Rich-tasting and good-looking foam will add a perfect finish to your drink.
Of course, it comes with a modern TFT screen and rotary switch, which make the utilization of this machine extremely easy and intuitive.
Z9 makes 11 different coffees– which is only for starters! Each and every coffee can be customized, so possibilities are practically endless!
3. Jura 13626 Ena Micro 1 – Automatic Coffee Machine Micro Black
Although this is one of Jura’s cheapest products, this doesn’t mean that it cheaply made- quite the contrary, Micro 1 retains the essential characteristics of all Jura products- reliability and durability.
Finally, it isn’t really cheap- $1200 for a single-brew unit.
The “economic” side of this machine can be seen in the smaller number of aromas- only 2, which is rather minuscule when compared with other, more expensive Jura products.
Micro 1 stands up to its name- it is the most compact Jura product- 9”x12.7”x17.5” (W x H x D). It also has an energy-saving mode, one of the features we’ve mentioned earlier.
4. Jura 15106 ENA Micro 5 – Automatic Coffee Machine Silver
We continue with the “economic class”. Don’t misunderstand us. These machines are still some of the best on the market, in their respected categories, of course.
It’s like buying a Volkswagen Polo- the car itself doesn’t have many options or power, but it’s still a very good car. It’s the same with this “economic” line of Jura’s products.
This product has one rather unique feature- rotating coffee spouts. These spouts control the automatic selection of drinks.
Height at which the coffee is poured can be adjusted- anywhere from 1.2” to 4.4”. The strength of the coffee can also be adjusted- there are 2 levels of strength.
5. Jura 15150 J6 – Coffee Machine
Option-wide, we might label this product as “business class”. It’s somewhere in between Micro 5 and GIGA 5. More specifically, it has 11 programming options and 6 buttons. When you look at it, this is one versatile product! PEP technology will assure the optimum extraction time for a drink like ristretto and espresso. Aroma G3 grinder will grind your coffee beans without any problem while retaining the aroma and rich taste.
Interestingly enough, it is Bluetooth compatible– which means that it can be operated via smartphone (not iPhone). Temperature, milk frother, coffee strength and size, all these things can be adjusted and included in custom presets.
Jura J6 also has a big water tank thanks to which you can brew 45 shots without refilling. Needless to say, Jura’s smart technology will alert you when the water needs to be refilled.
If we continue the analogy with cars, we might say that Jura is like BMW M3- powerful, not cheap, and packed with technology.
6. Jura 15070 E6 – Automatic Coffee Center Platinum
This budget-friendly product will make a wide variety of drinks: cappuccinos, normal black coffees, espressos, milk foam. Controls are user-friendly, intuitive, and easy to use. Jura E6 comes with a Rotary Switch, Jura’s trademark feature.
P.E.P (pulse extraction process) will make sure that every shot of espresso is full, luxurious, exuberant, and exquisite. You can adjust your coffee’s strength- there are 8 different levels of strength, so there should be no problem for you to find the right one.
While being fast, this machine is also quiet- thanks to innovative G3 grinder. Finally, its efficiency is a lot better than in most other espresso machines, as Jura E6 makes 60% less coffee residue.
Integrated maintenance system will make your job easy- all you have to do is occasionally buy additional cleaning gear.
7. Jura 15097 E8 – Espresso Coffee Machine Chrome
This is another product from Jura’s E series. E8 is a slightly augmented version of previously described E6. For instance, E8 offers better versatility and diversity of drinks- this espresso machine comes with 12 settings for different beverages- flat white, latte macchiato, cappuccino, and a lot more.
Furthermore, you will be able to nicely pinpoint the strength of coffee- E8 has 8 different coffee strength options.
Needless to say, E8 has Pulse Extraction Process, which assures that each shot has all the aroma and taste you like. Moreover, this machine utilizes the intelligent pre-brew system. The effect of PEP can be seen (tasted) when you brew short specialty coffees- ristretto and espresso, for example.
Aroma 3 grinder has 6 options– which means that you’ll be able to find the grind type that suits you the most.
E8 has Fine Foam Technology, which means that with every beverage you’ll get nice, tasty foam. Baristas will know to appreciate this feature, as they know how hard is to get the perfect foam texture.
8. Jura S8 Superautomatic – Touchscreen Espresso Machine
We may compare Jura’s S series with the eponymous series Mercedes makes. With Jura S8, we step into the pitch with serious players. Jura S8 makes 15 different beverages, and you can always adjust the temperature, strength, foam texture, etc. to customize your drink. All personalized settings can be saved.
Thanks to TFT- color display, customization was never this easy. Everything is available to you at only one touch of the button.
All the aroma and taste of the beans will be preserved, thanks to Jura’s Aroma G3 grinder.
Dimensions: 21.4 x 12.9 x 17.4 inches. It weighs 28.5 pounds (13 kg).
9. Jura 15145 – Automatic Coffee Machine WE8 Chrome
This product is a perfect addition to galleries or offices- it can make 2 coffees at a time, which means that everybody will get a sip of their favorite drink.
Finally, as WE8 has a large water tank (101 oz capacity), you won’t have to refill it every few minutes.
Bean container has the capacity of 25 portions, which is another reason this product is perfect for offices and happenings with a lot of people.
Even though quality and durability are synonymous with Jura company, you’ll get a 1-year warranty.
10. Jura Z8 Aluminum – Automatic Espresso & Cappuccino Machine
Z series is what it is about- with this range of products, Jura proved its status of a world-renowned company that makes high-quality coffee makers.
Jura Z8 makes 21 beverages- espresso, latte macchiato, standard black coffee, Americano (and other long coffees), ristretto, and many others.
As always, the best quality of ristrettos and espressos is assured by smart PEP technology.
Aroma G3 grinder on this model is two times faster than older models- no long waits for your daily dose of caffeine!
Thanks to 4.3” Touchscreen and App (JuraCoffee App), controlling this beast will be a piece of cake.
And now, the best bit- it is made from aluminum, which means that it’s extremely lightweight- other espresso machines are usually made from stainless steel, which is quite heavy. On the other hand, being made from aluminum, this product is more expensive than most stainless steel machines.
11. Jura 15068 IMPRESSA C65 – Automatic Coffee Machine Platinum
Impressa C65 is really impressive- simple and elegant, it is perhaps the best bang for buck option Jura offers.
Text can be displayed in 11 languages, and the TFT display is controlled via Jura’s signature Rotary Switch.
It has a high-performance pump (15 bars), and thermoblock heating system, which together will always deliver you a high-quality coffee. The coffee spout is height-adjustable- you can put it anywhere from 2.6” to 4.4” of height.
This, in turn, will facilitate the usage of different cup sizes- it will prevent unnecessary splashing, and additionally, will help you to get the crema you always craved for. Fine foam frother will make a nice, fluffy foam- getting that perfect finishing touch to your coffees was never this easy.
11 Best Jura Coffee Machines Buying Guide
We’ll divide this part into two sections – the first one is the Best Bang For Buck Jura coffee machine. Our choice will be Jura Impressa C65 – it does everything you’d expect from an espresso machine, it is one of the cheapest products on the list, and there are a lot of happy customers who are absolutely amazed by this product.
The second section will be the Best High-End Jura coffee machine. There were no consternations about this section – Jura’s best product in this respect is Giga 5. This thing looks like (and works) like it came out of a science-fiction movie. Everything on this product is automatic – from grinding process to cleaning. You just have to push a button and sit and enjoy.
We’ve already mentioned that Jura’s products aren’t exactly cheap. More specifically- you would have to work really hard in order to find a Jura product that’s below 1000$. If you read other articles we’ve written you would see that some espresso machines cost below 50$- we mention this just so you can get the idea of Jura’s niche- the Swiss company is indeed a luxurious brand- it is the “Mercedes” in the world of coffee makers.
However, prices range even in Jura’s range of products- one of the most expensive ones is perhaps Giga 5, while on the other end of the spectrum resides A1, which sums up Jura’s most important qualities (durability and reliability) but without other luxurious accessories.
Internet really revolutionized shopping, but you simply cannot really get the impression about any product’s size before you see it in person. This is why you should always pay attention to measures we mention in the Product Description section- Jura makes espresso machines in various shapes and sizes, and be you should be careful not to end up with something you cannot fit in your small urban kitchen! Believe us- these kinds of things happen.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Although most Jura products are fully automatic- and don’t need any special care, cleaning related accessories (detergents, fluids, tablets, etc.) still have to be purchased and replenished on a regular basis.
Beans and Coffee Quality
It is not rare to see people complaining about high-end super automatic espresso machines, chiefly focusing on beverage quality. And most often the answer is simply- the quality of beans is everything. You can have the best machine in the world, but if you grind some third-grade, low-end coffee beans no wonder you’ll end up with a bland, mediocre drink.
In short, you want to buy coffee beans whose origin you can track down (single origin). Don’t hesitate to try organic coffee from your local organic store- although it may taste odd at first, you might get used to it after a while.
Jura’s Special Accessories and Features
As you’ve probably realized by now, the Swiss company doesn’t make any compromises when it comes to the quality of their machines. These products are packed with contemporary, high-end technology, and an interested buyer will most surely be a bit confused by the sheer quantity of new abbreviations and terms (CLARIS, PEP, etc.). We’ll now briefly explain all these accessories and features:
- PEP (Pulse Extraction Process) – thanks to this intelligent piece of technology, each and every cup of coffee is brewed in the best and most efficient way possible. This is actually Jura’s trademark, included in a majority of their products.
- Aroma + Grinder – made from stainless steel, these grinders will last forever, apart from being the most innovative on the market. Easy to use, efficient, and reliable, they are an essential part of all Jura machines. Grinding is equally important as other processes in coffee-brewing- different aromas and tastes can be achieved with different grinding techniques. And this is what Jura Aroma+ Grinders allow you to do- to find the type of ground that suits you.
- TFT Screens – we’ve begun to put interactive touch-screens everywhere. They go very well with espresso machines- they bring elegance and one-touch, easy to control settings everybody likes. Thanks to Jura’s TFT displays, you’ll be able to find your favorite beverage in a nick of time. Coffee was never this fast and easy- it will be in front of you in only one touch!
- Rotary switch – this is an obligatory part on most modern super-automatic coffee makers. Thanks to this feature, you’ll be able to scroll through your recipes, presets, and settings with ease. Moreover, water quantity, temperature, size of the beverage, and a lot of other things are all controlled via this little accessory.
- IPBAS (Intelligent Pre-Brew Aroma System) – this is another “smart” gimmick that comes with some Jura machines- this is the way it works: a special pre-infusion system mixes the grounds with water before the main extraction process. This, in turn, means that the most is taken out of coffee beans. No molecule of good taste and aroma gets left behind!
- Special Filter System (CLARIS AND CLEARYL) – CLARIS filters prevent any minerals to get through to the heating element. In other words, CLARIS has an anti-scaling role, and scaling is the plague of any machine that heats up the water- this is why Jura machines are absolutely calcium-free. Most importantly, CLARIS will do all the job, so you won’t have to use any anti-calcium chemicals.
- CLEARYL – filters will protect you! These filters remove any impurities from the water. There are several versions of CLEARYL filters, so you can choose the one that suits your machine the best.
- IWS (Intelligent Water Systems) – this bit is rather straightforward. It detects the level of water in the reservoir and notifies you when the refill is needed. Needless to say, most Jura’s water tanks have good capacity so you won’t have to refill them too often.
- FFT (Fine Foam Technology) – foam is aesthetically the most important part of any coffee drink. This is why Jura fits its machines with cutting-edge milk frothers- milk passes through 2 separate frothing processes thanks to which it becomes dense, compact, creamy, and absolutely amazing.
Additional Features To Look Out For
Some of these accessories and features are built in, while others need to be purchased separately.
- Cool control basic (CCB) – this is actually a storage system for milk. As we all know, milk has to be kept in cool temperatures (39.2 °F). Thanks to CCB (cool control basic), your milk will always be ready for your favorite espressos, latte macchiatos, cappuccinos, etc.
- Frother – some machines do not have automatic gear for milk-preparing, and in these situations, a good frother comes in handy. Most importantly, if you buy special Jura milk frother, chances are that it will fit on most other Jura products.
- Portable Milk Containers – these vacuum stainless steel containers will be your best friend during vacations and your favorite outdoor activities. While being easy to carry around, they will also retain coolness and prevent your favorite milk-based drink from spoiling.
- PFFF ( Professional Fine Foam Frother) – another accessory that you can purchase separately. It will fit all Jura products that have a Connector System. This foam frother uses an innovative two-stage frothing process. Baristas and coffee-art lovers will absolutely adore this little gimmick.
- Cup Warmer – this is one real classy accessory- most of the time you’ll pour your beverage in a cold cup. This, in turn, might completely spoil the taste and feel. Cup Warmer will completely eliminate this little problem by warming up your cups at 131 °F. It is slim, and ergonomic, and packed with smart technology. Finally, this is a portable product, so you’ll be able to carry it around and even use it for some other purposes- hand warming during the winter, for instance.
- FFF (Fine Foam Frother) – another accessory that needs a Connector System compatibility. It is actually the same as the Professional Fine Foam Frother, described earlier, but it costs less. So FFF might be a good choice for people who only started to learn the coffee handcraft skills.
There you have it, this was a long list, but it was worth it. We even had to describe each product very briefly, so if your curiosity and interest weren’t satisfied enough, feel free to inspect Jura’s products on Amazon.
As you’ve seen, almost all Jura espresso machines go from about $ 1,000 and upwards. All are automatic- and most of them differ with respect to the number of different beverages you can make, additional options, accessories, and power.
Buying a Jura machine is like buying a Swiss-made watch- it will always be reliable, and will always be on time. To brew you a nice cup of espresso, ristretto, latte macchiato, cappuccino, etc.
Top Rated Jura Coffee Machines:
|1||Jura 15148 A1 Super Automatic Coffee Machine, 1, Piano Black||$798.95||View on Amazon|
|2||Jura 15070 E6 Automatic Coffee Center, Platinum||$1,395.00||View on Amazon|
|3||Jura 15215 D6 Automatic Coffee Machine, 1, Black||$954.01||View on Amazon|
Last update on 2020-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API