In order not to overburden the text, we’ve chosen to give a more in-depth description of the 5 products we’ve found the most interesting. This doesn’t mean that the other one’s are worth nothing.
This is still the list of 12 best espresso cups, but not everybody has the time to read pages of text on 12 different cups. Needless to say, our favorites don’t have to be someone else’s favorites, and this is why we’ve made a table with very brief descriptions of best espresso cups.
As you’ve seen, espresso cups can be made from a wide variety of materials. Borosilicate glass seems to be the most popular material today, but traditionally ceramic or porcelain have been used.
If you look long enough you’ll also find stainless steel espresso cups, which is a bit odd at first, but these cups are equally good. So we’ve chosen two products from the categories of glass and ceramic espresso cups while choosing only one metal product because there aren’t so many of them.
As we’ve mentioned, cups and mugs made from borosilicate glass are by far the most popular ones, and for a good reason. Aesthetically speaking, they are the nicest ones to look at, and the optical aspect is simply great, hence their popularity all around the world.
Top 10 Best Rated Espresso Cups
List of 12 Best Espresso Cups:
1. JoyJolt Savor – Double Wall Insulated Glasses
With this offer, you’ll receive 2 handmade, espresso mugs with double walls. Your beverage will retain its heat, which is essential if you like a good cup of coffee or tea. These mugs have a special curve that gives them that slick and elegant look. Thanks to special double glass, you’ll get a nice view of your favorite caffeinated drink. Each mug has the capacity of about 5.4 oz of coffee.
- Set of 2 handmade, double-wall thermo mugs, each mug boasting a unique curvature that holds 5.4 ounces. JoyJolt’s unique double walled glasses are designed to suspends drinks within an inner wall for an engaging optical effect
- Made of heat and condensation-resistant borosilicate glass, which is stronger and more durable than common glass that gives a smooth finish and a crystal clear look. Keeps your liquid hot while keeping your hands cool.
2. JoyJolt Serene – Double Walled
Another double-wall set of coffee mugs. Thanks to this special technology, the inner wall will keep your drink warm enough, while the outer wall will stay cool and safe for handling. Each mug holds 7.4 ounces of coffee, which means that this set is the most suitable for some longer drinks- like Americano, or espresso lungo (very lungo!).
- Set of 2 double wall glass coffee tea mugs holding 7.4 ounces each. Will keep liquid hot or cold for a longer period of time while the outer glass cup remains safe to touch
- Top quality insulated glasses made of hand blown borosilicate-glass. Perfect for morning coffee, latte, tea, cappuccino, espresso, expresso, brew, hot, or cold beverages.
3. JoyJolt Declan Irish – Double Wall
Made by the help of efficient Irish method, JoyJolt espresso cups will take everything that you throw on them. Cappuccinos, latte macchiatos, standard coffees, espressos, these cups have no preferences. Once again, for the best optical effect, the elegant glass is used so you can always keep an eye on your beautiful caffeinated drink. As they hold about 5 ounces of coffee each, these mugs will work the best with shorter coffees.
- Set of 2 handmade, double-wall thermo mugs, each mug boasting a unique design that holds 5 ounces. JoyJolt’s unique double walled glasses are designed to suspends drinks within an inner wall for an engaging optical effect
- This Irish coffee mugs are made of heat and condensation-resistant borosilicate glass, which is stronger and more durable than common glass that gives a smooth finish and a crystal-clear look. Our espresso glass keeps your liquid hot while keeping your hands cool.
4. Espresso Shot Glass Coffee Set of 4 – Double Wall Thermo Insulated
These espresso cups are made from high-quality borosilicate glass, and they can be safely used with dishwashers, freezers, and microwaves. Unlike the aforementioned offers, if you opt for this one you’ll receive 4 espresso cups instead of the normal 2. These cups are also made from borosilicate glass which has long ago become the standard.
Honestly, this is a beautiful product. Yes, the handle had to be removed, but double thermal walls will keep your hands safe while retaining the coffee’s temperature.
- NEVER BURN YOUR FINGERS AGAIN. Our special double wall thermo insulated design prevents side heat transfer, maintaining the ideal temperature
- EASY TO CLEAN, BUILT TO LAST. Constructed from the highest quality borosilicate glass - dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe
5. TeamFar – Coffee Mug (Set of 4)
Another great offer! 4 stainless espresso cups which are less expensive than some coffee sets with only 2 cups! These espresso cups are completely BPA free, and won’t harm your health in any way.
Most importantly, thanks to the 18/8 stainless steel, even if you are chronically clumsy you’ll have no problems as they won’t break under pressure. Yes, they may look like some Army equipment, but just shows how sturdy these cups are.
- HEALTHY - These coffee cups are made of 18/8 stainless steel, Non toxic and healthy, No more chemical leaching into your drinks and preserve the fresh aroma and taste of coffee and espresso
- DOUBLE WALL - Double wall makes the coffee cup comfortable to touch with hot drinks and prevent condensation with cold drinks, No more watermark left on your table top, Perfect for iced coffee or tea
6. Dewstone – Thermo Mugs
You’ll make no mistakes if you choose this offer. These are classic espresso cups that arrive with 2 stainless steel paddles. You may not have heard about espresso paddles but they are extremely popular in coffee shops all around Europe and it has been proven that they have the ideal shape for coffee stirring. Most importantly, these cups will fit all espresso machines!
- Set of two carefully hand-crafted 5.4 oz espresso cups. These double walled glasses will suspend your hot (or cold) beverage within an inner wall, creating the engaging effect of your drink floating.
- Safe, strong borosilicate glass – keeps your coffee hot while your hands stay cool. No condensation so no need for coasters. These crystal clear glasses are dishwasher and microwave safe. Lead-free glass - the healthiest way to drink coffee!
7. Sweese 4301 – Espresso Cups
According to the manufacturer, their espresso cups have nice curves, resembling a “beautiful boat”. Not sure what this is supposed to mean, but we have to say that Sweese’s offer is quite remarkable. 4 nice espresso cups for a decent price! What more can you ask for? As they hold 4 ounces of coffee each, they most certainly aren’t suitable for longer coffees. Exclusively for espressos! And handmade! What more can you possibly want? Coffee, please!
- AN ELEGANT WAY TO ENJOY YOUR LIFE - Is there anything more satisfying than that first sip of espresso in the morning? There’s no question that coffee is energizing and unbelievably delicious. Sipping piping hot caffeine as soon as possible prepares us for the day. Sweese espresso cups will give you a perfect coffee time.
- DOUBLE WALLED DESIGN, DOUBLE FUN - Due to the double wall thermal insulated design, demitasse cups aren't hot to the touch after making the espresso, but the liquid inside of them is still keeping warm. So amazing! And the lines are smooth, curving nicely, almost like a beautiful floating boat. Bring you a visual enjoyment.
8. Aozita Espresso Cups and Saucers – with Espresso Spoons
We have to say that we grew bored with fancy glass espresso cups. Porcelain/ ceramic espresso cups are done in a traditional style, just as it should. They are also espresso-exclusive, as they are quite short (holding 2.5 ounces). The best thing is that you’ll receive bonus coffee spoons and saucers, which can rarely be seen these days.
- Super-Cute Size: Set of four 2.5-ounce espresso cups set with espresso spoons, perfect for tasting a double or single shot of espresso, Works great with an espresso machine.
- Premium Material: made of high-quality porcelain/ceramic, lead-free, chip-resistant make them healthy & sturdy for daily use, safe for dishwasher, microwave, oven and freezer.
9. Cuisinox – Porcelain Espresso Cups (Set of 4)
Made from porcelain and holding 2 ounces each, Cuisinox makes classic espresso cups. If you sat down in an Italian café, a century ago, you’d receive your favorite caffeinated drink in this kind of espresso cup. You’ll receive 4 saucers as a bonus, so you can feel like a true bartender when you want to amaze your friends.
10. HIC 9 – PieceStackable Espresso Coffee Set
This is a great set of espresso cups. Not only will you receive 4 gratis saucers, but you’ll also get a nice metal stand so you can show off your beautiful set of espresso cups! These cups are a bit bigger, holding 4 ounces of coffee, so you’ll be free to brew some longer drinks and still enjoy your HIC 9 set.
- HIC’s 9-Piece Stackables Espresso Set for serving and enjoying espresso, coffee, tea, and other favorite beverages
- Made from fine-quality porcelain; naturally retains heat to keep beverages warmer longer; set includes 4 (4-ounce) cups, 4 saucers, and 1 chrome stand
11. VESPESO – Espresso Cups
This is perhaps one of the slickest and most elegant designs we’ve been able to find. It’s called Vespeso for a reason- the inner glass wall has a V shape. Thanks to this innovative design, your hands will stay nice and safe, while your coffee will retain its temperature.
You’ll receive a nice steel stirrer, which is another big plus. As these Vespeso products hold 3 ounces, you won’t be able to experiment that much with a lot of milk or other additives, but then again, the essence of the coffee is when you drink it raw, without anything added.
- IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS after dinner with not just another doubled walled glass espresso cup. Our special modern and contemporary design of a cone inside a cylinder is exceptional in its uniqueness and beauty. Serve and enjoy together with the bonus stainless steel stirrer spoon and then pop into the dishwasher with the rest of the dishes - beauty and practicality in one.
- STRONGER AND MORE DURABLE THAN REGULAR BOROSILICATE DOUBLE GLASSES. Our new and improved method of manufacturing makes the cups thicker and more durable so you don’t have that constant worry of them breaking. They are also microwave and dishwasher safe so you also have that added convenience.
12. Hoomeet – Ceramic Espresso Cups
Although these are also made from ceramic, they don’t look like most other espresso cups made from porcelain or ceramic. First of all, this is a set of 6 espresso cups, which is rarely seen. All 6 mugs are in different colors, so everyone will be able to choose their favorite one. Thanks to concentrating embossed swirling lines, these espresso cups have a unique design!
- √UNIQUE DESIGN: The embossed swirling lines are fantastic for holding. The stylish color and unique matching saucers will brighten any table at home, office, cafe, party and somewhere else.
- √BEATIFUL COLORS: 6 colors assorted in each set- pink, green, orange, blue, yellow and turquois, outer side with semi-matte black color glazed make this coffee set charming and elegant.
Best Glass Espresso Cups
1. VESPESO – Double Wall Set
Of all the good-looking glass products on our list, we’ve chosen the Vespeso. With its beautiful design, every time you drink a shot of your favorite caffeinated drink you’ll be able to amaze at Vespeso’s elegant design and signature “V” shape.
This “V” shape isn’t there exclusively for the looks. Thanks to this smart design, the bottom of the espresso cup will always stay nice and cool, and safe for handling the very instant you pour the coffee into it.
With a slick steel stirrer, you’ll get the full “espresso experience”. It is almost mindblowing how much work those Europeans put into these small things, but in the end, even the most minuscule details do matter.
This product is a bit more expensive than most others from our list, especially when you consider that you’ll only receive 2 Vespeso espresso cups. But, beauty, elegance, and style come with a price.
2. Dewstone – Thermo Mugs
We only have to say this- this product is hand-crafted. Enough said. We think that this product is one of the best out there because it has the classic shape and design, which ensures maximum versatility and diversity.
Thanks to a fairly good capacity (5.4 oz), you will be able to pour all your favorite beverages- espressos, ristrettos, and lattes, without any fear that you’ll spill a bit of your coffee.
Thanks to cutting edge technology employed in making Dewstone products, there will be no condensation, which means that there’s no need for coasters and that kind of things.
These espresso cups arrive in a beautiful colored gift box, which makes them a perfect present for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, and other occasions. They can be used for tea, demitasse, juice, smoothies, but, needless to say, coffee has the priority.
Best Ceramic/Porcelain Espresso Cups
3. Aozita - Espresso Cups and Saucers
A full set of 4 cups, spoons, and saucers for such a good price is an offer that is rarely encountered. We simply had to choose Aozita set as one of the best products on our list. We can instantly imagine a smoky Italian coffee shop, bustling with energy and joy, and us sitting there, ordering a coffee that comes in these beautiful cups. As Tolstoi once said, “beauty is simplicity”.
As we all know, porcelain and ceramic are the safest materials which don’t contain any kind of toxic materials.
You can sit down, sipping on your favorite caffeinated beverage, not fretting about the toxicity of your morning cup, as you would with some flimsy cheap plastic mugs.
The cups are rather small (2.5 ounces) so they aren’t that suitable for juices or longer coffees (like drip coffee or Americano). This is the beauty of this Aozita set- it’s exclusively made for espresso!
4. Hoomeet - Ceramic Espresso Cups
Hoomeet set is rather unique, thanks to the embossed swirling lines and colorful finishes. Let’s first start with the best things: this is perhaps one of the biggest coffee sets we’ve been able to find.
You’ll get 6 espresso cups and 6 saucers for a very good price. With pink, orange, blue, yellow, green, and turquoise colors anyone can find the one he or she would prefer.
Thanks to high-quality ceramics, this product is non-toxic (lead-free glazing) and FDA-approved.
Now, for one small downside- swirling lines are beautiful and everything, but they are also hard to clean.
Most dishwashers simply aren’t that efficient, and won’t be able to clean those nasty coffee stains. But we don’t regard this as a, particularly big downside.
Best Metal Espresso Cups
5. TeamFar - Espresso Cups
Thanks to a mirror finish, you’ll be able to check your make up while sipping on your beautiful coffee/espresso. Double stainless steel walls will also prevent the formation of condensation, so say goodbye to those ugly-looking watermarks on your table.
TeamFar was very far-sighted when it comes to the practicality- with a protruding lip, these mugs will never slip from your hands.
Unbreakable, bulletproof, and whatnot, we dare you to try and damage these espresso cups. You’ll most likely fail. Alright, we were just kidding, don’t try to damage it as you can actually harm yourself while trying.
This makes them perfect for parties! Say goodbye to those plastic or paper cups that are absolutely detrimental to the environment.
Let’s be honest, there’s a big difference between serving espresso in flimsy-looking plastic espresso cups and serving them in a nice-looking special set. We have tried to show you the whole scope of the best espresso cups, as they vary in shape, size, type of material, and other aspects.
A nice set of mugs is a perfect gift for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, especially if your friend is a real coffee-enthusiast. If this is the case, we recommend you buy a porcelain/ceramic set, as this is as traditional as it gets.
On the other hand, most people will love a nice set made from borosilicate glass. These sets are “trendy”, and we have to admit, they are good-looking and will emphasize the optical aspect of your favorite caffeinated beverage.