We can all agree that the best way to enjoy something is when it is fresh, and that is a fact you have to remember. You probably know how coffee tastes when you do not store it properly, which is the worst thing that you can do, especially if you have purchased an expensive brand, for this you will need a coffee canister.
Even though it is still drinkable, you will notice a stale flavor, and that will not be the coffee you wanted to drink in the first place. Coffee tends to lose freshness and smell as well as taste if you do not store it properly.
That is why you should consider finding appropriate canister so that you can store it properly wherever you are. We decided to present you with a comprehensive guide on buying the best coffee canister that you can find on the market:
Why Should You Store Coffee Beans?
You should have in mind that coffee beans can get wrong if you do not store them properly. Of course, based on the type of beans, you will be able to save them for a year without losing the freshness and taste, but you need an appropriate coffee canister.
A Good Coffee Bean Storage Container Is IMPORTANT
There are four primary concerns when storing coffee beans.
- Air – In case you are spending plenty of money to purchase high-end beans, then you have to make sure to keep them fresh and maintain their flavor and quality. You should have in mind that coffee beans tend to lose flavor when they are exposed to oxygen. This particular process is known as oxidation, and it is a similar process that causes the metal to rust, and it will start at the moment you place a batch to roast. You cannot prevent it in the long run, but you will be able to slow down the process.
- Light – the second thing you want to avoid when storing coffee beans properly is light. Remember that coffee beans are sensitive to the sun too: just like how it can affect your mood based on what time of day it is, sunlight will also make them go stale quickly if exposed for long periods of time.
- Temperature – you don’t want anything below freezing because cold temperatures can cause condensation inside the container and potentially harm the bean flavor or deplete nutrients even further than necessary (like turning sugars into lactic acid). if you’re storing coffee beans in the fridge, make sure they are not close to anything that might produce odors.
- Moisture – coffee beans are susceptible to becoming moldy should moisture get into the container and they don’t dry up quickly enough. This can happen if you store them in a humid environment with high levels of oxygen, so make sure that your storage space is as airtight as possible.
So now we know what four things need to be avoided when storing your coffee beans properly—air, moisture, light and temperature extremes.
So how can a cheap container help one do this?
A good coffee bean storage container is CRITICAL for maintaining flavor and freshness of your precious brewable goodies. But it doesn’t have to break the bank!
This brings me back to my original point: Why would someone ever want a Coffee Canister or any other kind of expensive storage contraption that will only cost them more money over time?
The answer: because these canisters work like champs. They are made to store beans, they do their job well and long-term, they look professional on your countertop or in a pantry filled with other coffee paraphernalia, AND you finally get the peace of mind that comes from knowing your prized possessions are safe from any number of natural disasters.
How to Store Coffee Beans?
You have probably seen that these packaging can be highly sophisticated, which means that most of them feature sealants that will prevent air from getting in. As soon as you break the seal, the air will come inside, but it is much better to place it in canister than to leave it is out in the open.
Even though glass jars may be tempting for keeping your coffee stored, have in mind that glass will not be able to protect it against sunlight or heat in case that oven is nearby and remember that both heat and light are most significant enemies of fresh coffee.
Therefore, the best way to store it is by purchasing an appropriate coffee canister so that you can enjoy all the way.
3 Factors to Consider When Buying a Coffee Canister
- Air Tightness – This particular factor is a highly important consideration because you wish to find a canister that will maintain the vacuum inside so that your coffee could remain healthy and tasty for a long time. Therefore, the more canister is airtight, the longer your coffee will last, and that is a fact you have to remember.
- Size – It is vital to purchase a canister that will not take too much room on your kitchen top, but it is useless to buy the small one also. Therefore, you should think of the capacity that you are using as well as beans that you are purchasing so that you can determine the exact position and size you wish to store for some period.
- Material – another consideration is to find the content that will be wholly protected against sunlight as well as UV lights, which is why stainless steel is the best option that you can make.
Comparison of Our Top 11 Choices (Updated in April 2021):
Best OverallCoffee Gator Storage Canister
|Check On Amazon|
Best BudgetPlanetary Design Airscape
|Check On Amazon|
Runner upEECOO Airtight Coffee Canister
|Check On Amazon|
|Kitchables Coffee Storage Container||Check On Amazon|
|Friis Coffee Vault||Check On Amazon|
|Coffeevac 1 lb Coffee Container||Check On Amazon|
|OXO Coffee Container||Check On Amazon|
|Chef’s Star Coffee Canister||Check On Amazon|
|BlinkOne Airtight Coffee Canister||Check On Amazon|
|LOVFFEE Coffee||Check On Amazon|
|Osaka Canister||Check On Amazon|
1. Coffee Gator Storage Canister – Best Overall Coffee Canister with Sleek Design
Coffee Gator is an excellent solution for your home if you wish to find a perfect way to conserve your coffee and tea. The first thing that you will notice are bright colors that you can consider based on your kitchen counter so that you can match everything with ease.
At the same time, you will get an airtight and secure seal that will protect your coffee beans. Have in mind that carbon dioxide will vent upward, while it will not let oxygen inside your seeds, which will keep them fresh for a long time.
Since it comes from stainless steel, you will be able to enjoy in its efficiency and aesthetical perspective. Remember that stainless steel appears modern, so it is perfect for contemporary kitchens.
- Stainless steel which will match any kitchen counter
- Built-in calendar so that you can keep up with the freshness
- Simple to use
- You can find it in a wide array of colors
2. Planetary Design Airscape – Best Budget Coffee and Food Storage Canister with Large Capacity
If you wish to find appropriate coffee canister, you should see the one that will provide you the large capacity and ability to store beans while maintaining freshness.
That is why you should consider Airscape Storage Canister that features 64 ounces, for people that enjoy the quality and fresh coffee. It comes with a patented lid, which will lock the air, which is an essential feature that will help beans remain fresh as long as you keep them inside.
It comes from high-grade stainless steel, which is entirely BPA-free, so you will be able to use for years after purchase. They use patented technology, which will increase the shelf life of tea, coffee, but you can place other products as well, such as flour.
- Airscape technology will lock in the freshness
- Large capacity
- You can find various colors
- Versatile choice
- You won’t get extra features
3. EECOO Airtight Coffee Storage Container – Runner Up
The first thing that we have to mention when it comes to EECOO is that you won’t get conventional stainless steel appearance, but the copper-toned canister that will provide a completely different look on your countertop.
It features a built-in valve that will allow to CO2 to escape while it will maintain the freshness and reduce the amount of oxygen inside. The lid also features an adjustable calendar so that you can select the proper date when you added grounds so that you can check the expiration date.
Have in mind that it comes from 304 stainless steel, which means that it will not be able to destroy similarly to other containers that you can find on the market. Therefore, you will be able to use it for years after purchase without any additional problem.
- Large capacity
- One-way airtight valve
- Built-in calendar for additional convenience
- Perfect for numerous food products
- Appealing appearance
- Vents can get faulty after a while
4. Kitchables Coffee Storage Container – Convenient Stainless Steel Coffee Canister with Airtight Seal
If you enjoy colorful canisters that come from stainless steel so that you can protect your ground coffee beans, you should consider Kitchables Coffee Canister.
It is an excellent choice that will meet your aesthetical requirements, and due to stainless steel material, you will be able to place any coffee, and it will stay fresh for days after purchase.
You will also get the additional scoop in combination with an airtight seal that features valve technology, which is one of a kind on the market within the price range.
Apart from that, you will get a built-in calendar that will completely track expiration dates and many more. Have in mind that it features sophisticated valve system that will protect coffee beans and increase overall freshness in general.
- You can find it in numerous color options
- Perfect for increasing shelf-life of your tea and coffee
- You will get the metal scoop for measuring purposes
- You can store multiple food items
- It comes with a money-back guarantee
- High price tag when compared with other canisters
5. Friis Coffee Vault – Best Coffee Canister with Sturdy Construction
If you wish to get airtight storage jar that will easily store 16 ounces of whole beans or ground coffee, you should consider the Friis Coffee Vault. It comes from stainless steel material, which makes it both fresh and modern, so you will be able to fit in with any kitchen style and decor.
The main goal of this particular canister is to protect and enhance freshness while maintaining the flavor of coffee beans that you previously purchased. You do not have to worry, because the patented valve system will keep ground coffee and beans as fresh as possible.
At the same time, you can rest assured because it will eliminate the damage that comes due to carbon dioxide. It is both sturdy and appealing, which makes it popular among coffee lovers.
- You will get the perfect value for the money
- It comes from high-grade stainless steel
- Simple to use
- It will protect and preserve coffee
- You can find it in black and red colors
- It doesn’t come with airtight features as other canisters we’ve mentioned above
6. Coffeevac 1 lb Coffee Container – Most Popular Coffee Canister in Europe
According to most previous users, it is one of the best choices that you can find when it comes to the best coffee canisters on the market.
It features a partial vacuum, which will enhance the overall flavor of coffee that you enjoy drinking.
The valves will protect the beans from carbon dioxide and oxygen by using innovative technology that will release CO2 from the container without allowing the oxygen to get back in.
It comprises two-way patented valve system that will help you along the way and maintain overall freshness. Have in mind that you can easily use it for both tea leaves and coffee based on your preferences.
- The prominent choice among coffee lovers
- You can use it to store numerous items such as tea leaves of coffee beans
- Patented valve system that will maintain freshness for a long time
- Completely recyclable
- Affordable price tag
- It doesn’t have additional features as other canisters on the market
7. OXO Coffee Container – Best Coffee Canister With 99% UV Protection
As soon as you check out OXO Coffee container, you will notice that it is see-through, which may be a deal-breaker for most people.
Coffee POP Container blocks over 99% of UV rays
The main reason why people do not love a see-through storage lids is that harmful UV rays can affect the coffee’s flavor and freshness.
However, you can rest assured, because this particular one is 99% resistant to UV rays and completely tinted, so your beans will not get affected at all, and you will always be able to see how much you have.
At the same time, it is completely BPA free, which makes it a safe alternative to other types of canisters.
- BPA free
- One pound of coffee capacity
- Container blocks 99% of UV rays
- Airtight seal so that you can enjoy in fantastic freshness
- Simple to use and open
- Lousy button quality
8. Chef’s Star Coffee Storage Container – Best Coffee Canister with One Pound Capacity
If you wish to find a vacuum seal that will provide you a possibility to place sixteen ounces of coffee or one pound of freshly ground, you should consider Chef’s Star Coffee Canister.
It is an excellent solution because you will get numerous features with it, such as a calendar that will allow you always to be ready for buying a new package of coffee.
You do not have to overthink when it comes to beans and caring, because you will get a valve that will completely filter out CO2, which means that it is an excellent solution for people that wish to maintain their coffee’s efficiency along the way.
It comes from premium quality stainless steel as well as a vacuum-sealed set so that you can protect coffee as much as you can.
- Stainless steel construction for additional durability
- Airtight valve will help you remove CO2 and oxygen
- One-year warranty policy
- Sixteen ounces of capacity
- Affordable price tag
- Previous users state that the calendar is a useless feature
9. BlinkOne Airtight Coffee Container – The Best Airtight Canister for Coffee
If you wish to find a stainless steel container that will stand the test of time, you should consider BlinkOne Airtight Coffee Canister. It is an excellent choice because it features an airtight silicone seal at the top, which makes it more appealing and sophisticated.
It comes with a magnetic scoop so that you can handle the percentage and quantity based on your requirements and needs. Therefore, you can always measure the coffee without any additional problem.
This particular container is efficient because it will allow you an ability to place other things as well, such as spices, sugar, tea, nuts, and other foods that feature similar consistency.
It is both practical and compact, so it will not take too much space on your countertop, but you will still be able to place enough ground coffee so that you can enjoy all the way.
- Lifetime warranty deal
- It comes with PDF guidebook
- Airtight silicone seal
- It is compact and lightweight
- Simple to use
- It is challenging to clean it
10. LOVFFEE Coffee – Appealing Stainless Steel Canister for Coffee Lovers
If you wish to find a convenient and beautiful coffee canister that features airtight technology that will protect it against oxygen and elements, you should consider LOVFFEE coffee.
Of course, you will get the same canister as any other stainless steel solution, but with it, you will also get an appealing design that will stand the test of time.
The main idea between name and design is based on two terms: coffee and love. In case you are a coffee lover, you will enjoy its features and everything that you will get with it.
Have in mind that it can hold up to one pound of coffee, and you will get scoop within the package.
- It will maintain the freshness of coffee beans
- Perfect for coffee lovers
- Amazing and appealing design
- Patent storage technology
- Specifically designed for ground coffee
- Plastic snaps on the side are breakable
11. Osaka Canister – Best Coffee Canister with Vacuum Seal
Osaka Coffee Canister is the best way to seal away and lock your coffee beans that will retain the fresh appearance and taste afterward. It is an excellent solution for storing both ground and whole grains, but it is much better for whole ones.
At the same time, you should remember that vacuum is strong enough to keep up coffee grounds from reaching the oxygen, which means that the freshness will remain all the way.
The stainless steel will provide you a combination of sturdiness and style, which means that you can use it for years after purchase.
It features tinted lid, which means that you can protect beans from UV damage, and it is entirely dishwasher safe so that you can avoid the inconvenience of cleaning it.
- Twist and lock mechanism
- Vacuum seal for additional convenience
- Perfect for whole beans
- It can hold up to 40 ounces, 1200 ml of coffee
- Dishwasher safe
- Vacuum seal can break after a while
Conclusion: Which is The Best Coffee Canister?
We have presented you with a thorough buying guide and reviews on the eleven best coffee canisters that you can find on the market. It is essential to understand that canisters are necessary for maintaining freshness as well as keeping the flavor and taste intact.
Another consideration is which one is the best for you, which is why we created a comprehensive list of the best possible containers that you can find for every budget that you have.
If you have experience with coffee canisters, you should tell us your impressions in the comment section below.Table could not be displayed.
- Best Overall – The best canister that you can find on this particular list is Coffee Gator Stainless Steel Container because it is the most extensive solution and it features materials that will altogether avoid placing oxygen inside it, while it will retain the CO2 so that your coffee could always taste amazing.
- Runner-Up – On the other hand, you should consider EECOO Airtight Coffee Bean Container because it also features massive capacity and ability to thoroughly vacuum its contents, so that you can place coffee and other foods as well such as sugar, flour or tea leaves.
- Best Bang For Buck – Finally, most affordable solution on this list is Coffeevac 1 lb Coffee Container, and even though it features plastic material, it is highly recyclable, and you will be able to use it without any additional problem.