When it comes to the world of coffee makers, there are many options on the market. You can choose from a wide variety of brands, models and prices. When you do your research and reading online, you will find that Breville is one of the most highly recommended by experts in the field.
This article will take some time to explain which are the best Breville espresso machines and why we think very highly about Breville so you can make an informed decision when purchasing yours!
About the Company
Breville is an Australian company based in Sydney, founded in 1932. Since the early beginnings, they’ve been making high-quality products, completely unrelated to coffee though. They made various electronic devices and entered the 21st-century market with a palette of automatic espresso machines.
Since then, Breville has become a world-renowned manufacturer of great espresso machines, selling products in more than 70 countries. It’s safe to say that Breville machines have found their way to each continent (except, maybe, Antartica).
With constant technological innovation and thanks to improvements based on customers’ opinion, the Australian company will most surely stay at the top in the years to come.
Why You Should Choose a Breville Espresso Machines
Now, let’s see why we think very highly of the products from Breville.
When it comes to coffee makers there are many options on the market and when you do your research online you will find that Breville is one of the most recommended by experts in this field because:
- The quality they offer for their price has made them a top choice among consumers around the world.
- They have built up an excellent reputation with not just reviewers but also users who have bought and used these devices over time. Most importantly, however, is how well their customer service handles issues that come up after purchase which shows that customer satisfaction really matters to them!
- They offer a variety of machines for your needs. Whether you are looking to make espresso, cappuccinos or lattes Breville has the right machine for every need and budget.
- They care about people that use their products in ways not recommended by them so they provide extra features like steam pumps and milk frothers which is an excellent touch!
- Breville has been consistently providing quality coffee makers at an affordable price that not only are gorgeous but will last you years while still looking good as new without breaking your wallet in half. If you haven’t tried them out yet we recommend doing so because it’ll make life easier and tastier all around!
- They offer a one year warranty for any defects on their product which is something many competitors don’t have when compared side by side!
- Maintaining and cleaning a Breville machine isn’t an issue either. The exterior is designed with a smooth surface that resists stains, fingerprints and watermarks for easy maintenance any day of the week!
8 Best Breville Espresso Machine Reviews
Best overallBreville BES870XL
|Check On Amazon|
Best QualityBreville BES980XL
|Check On Amazon|
Best for tight spacesBreville BES500BSS Bambino Plus
|Check On Amazon|
Best Bang for BuckBreville ESP8XL Café Roma
|Check On Amazon|
|Breville BES810BSS Duo Temp Pro||Check On Amazon|
|Breville BES880BSS Barista Touch||Check On Amazon|
|Breville Infuser BES840XL||Check On Amazon|
|Breville BEC120 Inissia||Check On Amazon|
1. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Semi Automatic Espresso Machine – Best Overall
If you have enough cash to splash on the best of the best, this is for you. It has a built-in conical burr grinder and can even make slow drip coffee with its pressurized portafilter. The patented secondary filter in the group head means that you will get super clear espresso as long as your grind fineness, dose volume, and temperature are all correct – talk about precision!
Digital Temperature Control is a modern accessory that will always deliver water at an ideal temperature for coffee brewing.
Breville Barista Express is extremely precise and consistent, which means that there will be no variability of your drink’s quality.
Thanks to a steam wand, making a delicious, fluffy micro-foam milk texture will be a piece of cake. Your friends will regard you as a true barista. You can also alter between single or double shot options when you have guests around.
- Micro-Foam Milk Texturing
- Good Price
- Accurate Extraction
- Amazon’s choice
- Has a conical burr grinder integrated
- Isn’t that fast
- Doesn’t have precise milk thermometer
2. Breville BES980XL Oracle Espresso Machine – High-End Machine
This is perhaps one of the Breville’s most advanced espresso machines loaded with modern technology. Needless to say, this does come at a price, but it’s worth it. Breville Oracle will do anything instead of you- grinding, dosing, and tamping are all automatic.
Unlike Barista Express, Oracle has automatic milk frothing option, milk texturing is hands-free, and even cleaning is automated. You will feel like a true latte-art master.
This espresso machine has a big water tank (84 ounces). Oracle is a versatile machine as it has 3 presets and 6 customizable settings. For instance, you can adjust the coffee temperature (between 190 and 205 degrees F). Temperature can be shown in Celsius, which is a big plus if you live outside the United States.
Bean container has a capacity of ½ lbs (about 200 g).
- Automatic milk-frothing
- Automatic grinding and tamping
- Little to no mess
- A dual boiler espresso machine
- Although some Breville machines have 3 seconds heat up time, the Oracle doesn’t come with this feature
- According to some buyers, the customer support is bad
3. Breville BES500BSS Bambino Plus Espresso Machine – Best For Tight Spaces
Bambino means “child” in Italian- and this Breville machine really stands up to its name as this is a compact and easy-to-fit espresso machine. Needless to say, this means that some important accessories had to be “sacrificed” in order to achieve maximum compactness. For instance, Breville Bambino doesn’t have a grinder, so you’ll have to buy this piece of equipment separately.
On the other hand, Bambino is an extremely fast coffee maker that has a 3-second heat up time. Additionally, low-pressure pre-infusion will assure that the final products are as sweet and creamy as possible.
The porta-filter has 19 g of capacity, which is ideal for a perfect shot of great espresso. The espresso machine has automatic purge system, but as it’s hard to get everything to work properly on such a small machine, this system might leave a bit of mess that you’ll have to clean afterward.
- Automatic milk steaming device
- BIg water reservoir
- Automatic cleaning system may malfunction
- Milk auto steaming might not work properly- however, you can manually steam your milk
4. Breville ESP8XL Café Roma Manual Espresso Maker – Best Budget Option
It’s by far one of the best home espresso machines out there on the market under 200 dollars, since it has almost all of the features of double and triple prices products.
It’s made out of stainless steel and has a 15 bar thermo-block pump, a dual-wall water filter that results in an excellent crema (maybe the best part about espresso), milk-froth enhancer and a cup-warming plate, so the coffee won’t cool down when hitting the cold cup.
The capacity of the water tank is 41 ounces, and you get lots of little accessories like scoops, cleaning tools, tamping tools, and a stainless steel frothing pitcher to put your milk in, just like in a real coffee shop.
It also doesn’t take up a lot of space, it can be fitted easily on most kitchen counters.
- Easy to fit pretty much anywhere
- Lots of accessories included
- Great design and looks
- It’s a bit noisy
5. Breville BES810BSSUSC Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
This one is a manual espresso machine, super-fast at heating with its 1600W thermocoil, with a digital system to regulate coffee temperature, whether its brewing coffee or even if its milk-steaming.
It features a pressure system that starts low, to be gentle on the beans, then rises to extract the maximum amount of flavor, which will result in a max-flavored and sweet flavored cups of coffee with no unwanted bitterness.
You can work with two espressos at the same time, with manual control of espresso shot volume.
It also includes a steam want and a milk frothing device, so the coffee-shop quality drink is only a few steps away! It also has a nice-capacity water tank. The great thing about this one is that there are no plastic parts that are easily breakable.
- Consistent espresso pulling every time
- Milk-frothing system
- Very fast at heating up
- The cleaning and getting to know is not the worst, but it isn’t the best either
6. Breville BES880BSS Barista Touch Super-Automatic Espresso Maker
Breville Barista Touch is an automatic machine that is so user friendly and easy to use, so just the simple touch will give you the most awesome coffee you ever had! Its main feature is the pictorial touchscreen where you can choose your favorite drink to make, customize it, change the settings, all of which are super simple to figure out and learn.
Milk texturing is automatic, so this operation is hands-free, it will make an ideal cream for cappuccinos, lattes, and such.
There is no warm-up time, so forget about waiting for everything to get up and running. You can brew up to 2 cups at the same time, it features adjustable espresso shot volume, milk texturing, and frothing which you can save as a favorite combination so you don’t have to set up everything again each time you want a cup of coffee.
Just in case you’re not so good when it comes to technology, the touchscreen has a tutorial that will walk you step by step on how to be a pro barista! It includes a water tank that has 68 ounces of capacity, an Italian-made pump, and a heated cup warming tray on top.
This one, compared to some other machines we mentioned, is perfect for beginners because of its user-friendly technology.
- Very easy to use
- Able to save your favorite combination as a setting
- Easy to clean
- Bit more expensive than some products with almost the same features
7. Breville Infuser BES840XL Manual Espresso Machine
This manual espresso machine has a couple of its unique touches. We could start with the feature of pressure adjustment. At the beginning the pressure on the beans extracting the coffee is lower, but for a reason.
This ensures that bitterness won’t be a problem for you, while after a while the pressure starts to get higher so the maximum amount of coffee at a stable pace is dished out.
The water tank on this one is about 61 ounces, and the water temperature control is super stable and accurate.
You can choose between the double shot volumetric control or manual override setting. Don’t let these unknown words scare some of you thinking this one is hard to use since it’s designed is also pretty simple with big buttons on the front with the name of each one, a big pressure-meter so you won’t get confused.
Also, the temperature control won’t be a problem even for newer users not familiar with how the machine works.
Even if that’s not enough for you, the control panel and display section provide all the information you could ask for.
- Temperature management is easy with this machine
- Comes with lots of small presents
- It compares well to some of the more expensive machines out there
- Manual control of temperature is not possible because of its electric PID technology
8. Breville BEC120 Inissia Semi Automatic Espresso Machine
This one is a bit different regarding design compared to the already mentioned espresso machines. All of the previous ones are kind of steel color and square shape, while this one comes in red color and is much more fashionable that can fit a colored kitchen quite well, not only because of its looks but because of its size as well.
It’s great for home users since it doesn’t take up much space, but if you have to brew a couple of cups of coffee for your guests, it’s going to take a bit more.
This one is at a much smaller price point than other machines on this list, but mainly because this one is designed mainly for home users. It’s an automatic machine with a patented extraction system.
This ensures a hands-free making process with the result of a great cup of Joe to help you through the day ahead. A single touch will bring the water to the optimal temperature in less than 30 seconds, just the time you need to get your cup ready!
Not only this, but it saves your power as well! Not only cheaper but a greener product overall. It will turn off after 9 minutes of not using the machine.
- Easy to use, space-saving
- It saves your power
- Top-grade coffee results
- It takes a while to make several cups if you have guests over
- Doesn’t have a milk frothing nozzle
Conclusion: Which is the Best Brevillle Espresso Machine?
Compactness, price, the number of additional accessories, espresso brewing
time, customers’ experience, are just some of the factors that come into play
when deciding which Breville Coffee Machine is the best one for you.
Best espresso machine for tight spaces - Breville Bambino Plus BES500BSS
Most people live in relatively small apartments where it’s hard to fit big automatic espresso makers. But with Breville Bambino, you won’t have to worry about this. You won’t have to completely redesign your kitchen to fit this espresso machine in! Finally, it’s lightweight, so you’ll be able to move it around easily when necessary.
Best overall - Breville Barista Express Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine
If you ask us, Breville Barista Express is a “no-brainer”. It’s right in the middle-
neither expensive nor cheap, with several brewing options, and finally, with
some useful accessories. This machine should satisfy the average buyer. Of
course, this only stands for an average buyer.
Best quality- Breville Oracle Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
Oracle is Breville’s product with a lot of technological gimmicks and accessories, but it is at the same time their most expensive machine. $2,000 is a lot, but Breville Oracle will adorn your kitchen and won’t fail to provide you with a good cup of coffee whenever you want it.
Best bang for your buck espresso machine - Breville Roma
Finally, if your budget is rather limited but you still want a good espresso maker to adorn your flat, Breville Roma is the right choice for you. Cheap, compact, and still a high-quality product, Roma will be the best “bang for the buck” option!
Latest Deals on the Best Breville Espresso Machines
|1||Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel, BES870XL||21,368 Reviews||Check Latest Deals|
|2||Breville Barista Touch Espresso Machine, 67 fluid ounces, Brushed Stainless Steel, BES880BSS||2,376 Reviews||Check Latest Deals|
|3||Breville Barista Pro Espresso Machine, 2 liters, Brushed Stainless Steel, BES878BSS||2,017 Reviews||Check Latest Deals|