3 Best Breville Espresso Machines to Buy in 2020
About the Company
Breville is an Australian company based in Sydney, founded in 1932. Since the early beginnings, they’ve been making high-quality products, completely unrelated to coffee though. They made various electronic devices and entered the 21st-century market with a palette of automatic coffee machines.
Since then, Breville has become a world-renowned manufacturer of espresso machines, selling products in more than 70 countries. It’s safe to say that Breville products have found their way to each continent (except, maybe, Antartica).
With constant technological innovation and thanks to improvements based on customers’ opinion, the Australian company will most surely stay at the top in the years to come.
3 Best Breville Espresso Machines
1. Breville BES870XL the Barista Express – Espresso Machine
This is perhaps Breville’s most popular espresso machine. You will be able to control the grinding process thanks to integrated conical burr- it was never this easy to control the dose of coffee ground. The coffee will be ground directly into the espresso filter, which means that this is a multi-purpose machine with many functions.
Digital Temperature Control is a modern accessory that will always deliver water at an ideal temperature for coffee brewing. Breville Barista Express is extremely precise and consistent, which means that there will be no variability of your drink’s quality.
Thanks to a steam wand, making a delicious, fluffy micro-foam milk texture will be a piece of cake. Your friends will regard you as a true barista. You can also alter between single or double shot options when you have guests around.
2. Breville BES980XL – Oracle Espresso Machine Brushed Stainless Steel
This is perhaps one of the Breville’s most advanced espresso machines loaded with modern technology. Needless to say, this does come at a price, but it’s worth it. Breville Oracle will do anything instead of you- grinding, dosing, and tamping are all automatic.
Unlike Barista Express, Oracle has automatic milk frothing option, milk texturing is hands-free, and even cleaning is automated. You will feel like a true latte-art master. This espresso machine has a big water tank (84 ounces). Oracle is a versatile machine as it has 3 presets and 6 customizable settings. For instance, you can adjust the coffee temperature (between 190 and 205 degree F). Temperature can be shown in Celsius, which is a big plus if you live outside the United States.
Bean container has a capacity of ½ lbs (about 200 g).
3. Breville BES500BSS Bambino Plus – Espresso Machine Brushed Stainless Steel
Bambino means “child” in Italian- and this Breville espresso machine really stands up to its name as this is a compact and easy-to-fit product. Needless to say, this means that some important accessories had to be “sacrificed” in order to achieve the maximum compactness. For instance, Breville Bambino doesn’t have a grinder, so you’ll have to buy this piece of equipment separately.
On the other hand, Bambino is an extremely fast coffee maker that has a 3-second heat up time. Additionally, low-pressure pre-infusion will assure that the final products are as sweet and creamy as possible.
The porta-filter has 19 g of capacity, which is ideal for a perfect shot of espresso. The product has automatic purge system, but as it’s hard to get everything to work properly on such a small machine, this system might leave a bit of mess that you’ll have to clean afterward.
3 Best Breville Espresso Machines Comparison Table
Last update on 2020-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Best espresso machine for tight spaces – Breville Bambino – Most people live in relatively small apartments where it’s hard to fit big automatic espresso makers. But with Breville Bambino, you won’t have to worry about this. You won’t have to completely redesign your kitchen to fit this product in! Finally, it’s lightweight, so you’ll be able to move it around easily when necessary.
- Best overall – Breville Barista Express – It is not a coincidence that this is the most popular Breville’s espresso machine on Amazon. Everything’s there- price, quality, additional features, etc. Breville Barista Express is a real all-around product!
- Best quality espresso machine – Breville Oracle – Oracle is Breville’s product with a lot of technological gimmicks and accessories, but it is at the same time their most expensive product. $2,000 is a lot, but Breville Oracle will adorn your kitchen and won’t fail to provide you with a good cup of coffee whenever you want it.
- Best bang for your buck espresso machine – Breville Roma – This machine bears the name of the Italian capital for a reason- it will brew coffees that even Italians would be proud of! This is perhaps the cheapest Breville product (costing only $173.25), it’s great for cappuccino. On the downside, the pouring distance works only with espressos and other short coffees.
That’s about it. As you’ve seen, there are many parameters you have to take into consideration when buying an automatic espresso machine. Compactness, price, the number of additional accessories, espresso brewing time, customers’ experience, are just some of the factors that come into play when deciding which Breville Espresso Maker is the best one for you. If you ask us,Breville Barista Express is a “no-brainer”. It’s right in the middle- neither expensive nor cheap, with several brewing options, and finally, with some useful accessories. This product should satisfy the average buyer. Of course, this only stands for an average buyer. If you are looking to buy a good coffee maker and the price doesn’t pose any barriers to you, Breville Oracle should be a logical choice.
Finally, if your budget is rather limited but you still want a good espresso maker to adorn your flat, Breville Roma is the right choice for you. Cheap, compact, and still a high-quality product, Roma will be the best “bang for the buck” option!